Whether you work on repairing home appliances, plumbing, HVAC, or electrical, repair businesses need to put their names out there for residents to find their services. Of course, there are many internet-based applications like Task Rabbit and Angi that provide you a couple jobs, but these channels can be expensive in the long run and we've heard reports that these platforms don't constantly deliver the right brands, the right schedule, and would sell for leads.
Meanwhile, as word of mouth and referrals are known to be the best type of marketing, it takes a long time to let friends and family know about your services, and people don't break their appliances every single day either.
Marketing advertisements are known to be quite costly, especially when companies are just starting. However, there are still some ways to promote your services both online and offline that we've found out to work.
1. Create a Google Business Page
A Google business page gives you free platform to post your services on Google. Customers can see your services on Google Maps and when they search for a service, your business will pop up on Google searches, and you're also able to pay for advertisements on Google Ads that allows anyone on Google to see your services even if they are not particularly searching for your service.
2. Get new customers from Keepe.
Keepe is a platform that allows you to get repair jobs for free. Keepe has a nationwide network of homeowners that need repairs daily. These repair jobs are then scheduled through Keepe's partnered technicians for free. Their goal is to repair as many jobs as they can with technicians' help. Repair businesses and independent contractors that work with Keepe spend less time and money advertising their business because they get consistent pay from Keepe.
You can also offer to create an article and promote your services for free on the Keepe Blog, a web page with different articles read by property managers nationwide, whilst adding your company's services as an author biography on the article. So whenever you think business is going slow, reach out to Keepe to give you jobs in your area completely for free. It's a good platform that allows technicians, contractors, and repair businesses to scale and grow their income without spending any money.
3. Create a flyer and post it in public places
Creating a simple poster to promote your business is an old marketing tactic, and sometimes you can't even track who sees your poster. However, placing them in public places where residents might look to find home supplies such as Home Depot, public parks, streets, and neighborhoods can help local homeowners reach you easily. It is important to have your business's phone number, list of services, and pricing if you're comfortable. Post flyers at the entrance of stores in your area that offer services you can provide, such as dry cleaners or grocery stores with a deli counter
4. Use social media to promote your business
85% of phone users are active on social media. Even though social media profiles are mostly used to post informational and entertaining content, social media can also be used to promote your services using pictures and engaging captions.
Most repair businesses have profiles on these social media sites:
- Facebook/ Meta- Building an active Facebook profile is always good to have as customers often look to search for your service and click on your Facebook page. Upload photos, update your hours and services, and post frequent news on your Facebook page to let visitors know that your business is growing and active.
- Alignable- a website for local business owners to connect and post services, the website provides a feature to connect with different groups in your city. Much like Facebook groups, Alignable allows you to connect with local groups in your field and promote services directly in your feed.
- Yelp- Yelp is the main platform for service businesses. Maintaining a good Yelp profile with good reviews build credibility. Make sure to reply to reviews and update hours and services on Yelp to boost engagement with Yelp users looking for your services to stand out from competition.
- Reddit- Appliance websites mainly use reddit to answer questions on tips pn how to fix certain appliances, what parts to buy, and many more. Building credibility on Reddit and answering more repair related questions may boost your credibility on the platform and attract people who might be in your area and look for an experienced technician.
- YouTube- Many people searching for ways to fix their appliances with quick DIYs and step-by-step processes look to YouTube to get answers. Having a presence eon YouTube could give more clicks to your YouTube profile and possibly your website.
5. Place an ad on Craigslist for free
Just like most service advertising websites, it's free to make an account and post your services on Craigslist.org.
- Visit craigslist.org. Make sure the location named at the top is where you want to post.
- Click "post to classifieds" in the top-left corner.
- Select a category for your post. Depending on the type of post, you may be asked to choose additional categories.
- Enter the text for your post.
We hope these marketing avenues can help you advertise your repair business more effectively. Our team has found that repair business and independent technicians do not have to spend thousands of dollars to get repair calls. Setting up accounts on Google, Yelp, and Keepe can give you customers and fill your job schedules as long as demand is present in your area.