The exterior of your rental property is just as important to keep up as the interior. Give some extra attention to your rental space with simple exterior updates and you’ll find that you’ll improve your property’s value and curb appeal. There are plenty of options for exterior renovation. Update your property with simple fix-ups such as modern hardware or invest a bit more time and money into a re-roofing project. Regardless of your budget, exterior fixes can make a big impact on the overall look of your outdoor space. Check out these eight ways you can boost your own property.
- A deep wash: A deep cleaning of your buildings exterior can significantly refresh your space. Give your property a good power wash; wash the windows, shutters and sliding. Don’t forget to power wash any stains off driveways, walkways and parking lot areas. When you wash the dirt away you will find that your rental building will instantly look brand new.
- Basic clean up: General tidying up can go a long way to make your rental housing shine. Mow the lawn and conceal trash cans and recycle bins out of sight from the general public to organize the space.
- Landscape: Transform your rental complex by freshening up your landscape. Take some time to enhance the nature around your home by trimming the trees, taking out any shrubs and dead plantings, and adding topsoil as needed surrounding your property. For a special touch, add potted plants in front of the main building and other high traffic areas for a visual boost.
- Fresh paint: Update your rental home with a new paint job. Paint the entire complex or stick the a trim around areas such as the windows and doors. Regardless of how big or small of a paint job you do, you will find that the fresh coat of paint will make your property look up-to-date.
- A new roof: Often overlooked, roofing is one of the most important parts of your property’s exterior. Transform the feel and value of your property by investing in a re-roofing project.
- Clean the gutters: Cleaning or replacing the gutters and downspouts will not only improve the aesthetics of your exterior but will also keep your property and yard drainage in better shape.
- Light it up: Exterior lighting can bring the right attention to your apartment complex. Adding small light fixtures near each unit, along the walkway areas and the surrounding exterior areas of your home can show off the details in your property’s architecture.
- The little details: For the final touches, update the shutters, door knobs, house numbers and other exterior hardware that might be outdated. Replacing old hardware with shiny and new pieces will add to the final look for a minimal amount of cost.